Our goal is to always be our client’s trusted advisor, acting as both attorneys and counselors.
The firm’s Business Transactions Practice provides full services representation with respect to commercial and business transactions. We focus on advising privately held, middle-market clients in the Carolinas and Southeast. Our attorneys act as outside general counsel to our clients and their owners, often as part of a client team. Our affiliation with Meritas gives our firm a national and international reach and our attorneys have worked on matters in most of the fifty states, as well as Canada, Mexico, Brazil, Germany, the U.K., China, Hong Kong, and Japan.
- Corporate, Partnership, and Limited Liability Company Matters
- Formation of entities, joint ventures, and strategic alliances
- Governance structures and compliance considerations
- Corporate governance, including buy-sell, redemptions, cross-purchases, and owner disputes
- Commercial and Business Contracts
- Employment and consulting agreements
- Supply contracts, purchase/sale documents
- Software, hardware, and other technology agreements
- Distribution, licensing, and franchise agreements
- Tax issues with choice of entity and succession planning
- Tax planning
- Tax disputes (federal, state, and local)
- Corporate Finance
- Credit facilities
- Venture capital and private equity financing
- Capital raising
- Securities law compliance (private placements)
- Corporate Governance
- Fiduciary and other duties of directors and officers
- Executive compensation
- Governance, board and committee practices
- Director independence
- Owner disputes and litigation
- Franchising and Licensing
- Software and IP licensing,
- Franchisee representation
- Franchise formation
If you have any questions regarding Business Transactions, contact us here.
Please note that the above text does not constitute legal advice nor does it create an attorney-client relationship. Should you be in need of legal services regarding a particular matter, please reach out directly to one of our attorneys. Click here for our full website disclaimer.