We represent a variety of healthcare clients including physicians (multi-specialty, house-based and single-specialty group practices), health systems, pharmacies and dental practices.
Our healthcare attorneys regularly advise clients with regulatory compliance regarding Anti-Kickback, Stark law, and HIPAA, and assist clients with physician ownership relations, employment matters, participation in joint ventures including Ambulatory Surgery Centers, mergers and acquisitions, financing, and real estate matters.
- Coordination of solutions to regulatory and compliance problems including Anti-Kickback, Stark law, Federal False Claims Act and state law prohibitions on payment of remuneration in return for referrals of health care business
- Counsel regarding structure of relationship among owners of medical practice groups (ownership succession and buy/sell arrangements) as well as negotiating appropriate compensation arrangements with physicians in connection with employment, recruitment, and other arrangements
- Advise clients on corporate practice of medicine issues, management service agreements and private equity ownership
- Negotiate house-based physician service agreements
- Advise clients on creation and participation in Ambulatory Surgery Centers
- Negotiate outside service agreements, licenses and commercial relationships with vendors and other third parties
- Serve as local counsel to national organizations, in connection with acquisitions, of North Carolina medical practices
- Advise clients on board governance matters and drafting and amending of governance documents
- Employment matters including compliance with nondiscrimination, wage and hour laws, FMLA, COBRA and handling all matters related to EEOC investigations
- Negotiate physician employment agreements and non-compete clauses
- Provide counsel with respect to health and welfare plans and compliance issues relation to qualified (401(k)) and all nonqualified employee benefit plans; including handling all compliance with the Department of Labor and Internal Revenue Service
- Assist clients in navigating the intersection between healthcare and technology (HIPAA, ePHI, and HITECH)
- Estate planning and wealth management for physician owners
- Ancillary real estate structures and transactions
- Loan participations, assignments and modifications
- Physician practice groups (single specialty, house-based, multi-specialty)
- Ambulatory Service Centers
- Dental practices
- HIPAA, ePHI, and HITECH
- Fraud and Abuse
- Board governance for health systems
- Private Equity Ownership
If you have any questions for our Healthcare attorneys, contact us here.
Please note that the above text does not constitute legal advice nor does it create an attorney-client relationship. Should you be in need of legal services regarding a particular matter, please reach out directly to one of our attorneys. Click here for our full website disclaimer.