Johnston Allison Hord attorneys represent a variety of local government entities including health agencies, water and sewer authorities, joint government agencies, municipalities, and other public entities.
Our attorneys regularly counsel our local government clients in the areas of regulatory compliance, board governance, public bidding, environmental law, land use planning, condemnation, zoning, property tax appeals, public works construction, inter-governmental agreements, employment matters, construction law, complex litigation, financing and real estate matters.
We serve as general counsel to several health agencies and a local water and sewer authority. We regularly appear before planning boards and boards of adjustment. We also handle appeals from decisions of planning boards and boards of adjustment, as well as property tax appeals and condemnation proceedings. Our attorneys serve on local planning and zoning commissions in North Carolina and South Carolina and have experience working in city attorney offices.
- Serve as general counsel including attendance of board meetings to ensure governmental and board governance compliance.
- Represent public entities in complex litigation matters in state and federal court, representing both defendants and plaintiffs.
- Assist public authorities in condemnation proceedings and easement acquisitions.
- Analyze contracts and assist with procurement processes.
- Advocate proactively on behalf of clients with local, state and federal officials.
- Representation in condemnation / inverse condemnation matters.
- Guidance in zoning and permitting matters
- Health Agencies
- Water and Sewer Authorities
- Joint Government Agencies
If you have any questions regarding Local Government, contact us here.