Our Professional Services Practice represents clients in the professional services sector in all legal matters. Work includes representation of law firms, accounting firms, engineering firms, architectural firms, veterinary practices, dental practices, and medical practices.
- Provide counsel with respect to compliance with state licensing requirements
- Negotiate employment agreements and non-compete clauses
- Assist professional service firms with drafting and amending governance documents among owners
- Counsel professional service firms with respect to commercial transactions and negotiations with vendors and other third parties
- Assist in all stages of mergers and acquisitions
- Counsel regarding structure of relationship among owners of professional service firms (ownership succession and buy/sell arrangements) as well as negotiating appropriate compensation arrangements in connection with employment, recruitment, and other arrangements
- Employment matters including compliance with nondiscrimination, wage and hour laws, FMLA, COBRA and EEOC investigations
- Provide counsel with respect to health and welfare plans and compliance issues relation to qualified (401(k)) and all nonqualified employee benefit plans; including handling all compliance with the Department of Labor and Internal Revenue Service
- Estate planning and wealth management for practice owners
- Ancillary real estate structures and transactions
- Close and negotiate all commercial financing transactions
If you have any questions regarding Professional Services, contact us here.