Our firm provides advisory services to clients ranging from local family-owned businesses to national companies.
This representation involves regional and national retailers, restaurants, grocery stores, shopping center owners and operators, hospital systems, entertainment providers and real estate developers and investors.
We represent buyers and sellers, landlords and tenants, franchisors and franchisees and lenders, borrowers and investors, regularly advising these clients on all aspects of retail acquisition, development, financing and operational matters, including site selection, permitting, zoning, tax incentives, environmental matters, title and survey issues, construction, risk assessment and dispute resolution. We work with our clients to draft, negotiate and review purchase and sale agreements, all types of commercial leases (including ground leases, build-to-suit leases, and freestanding and shopping center leases), loan agreements, development agreements and various types of easements, covenants and restrictions.
Our lawyers have decades of unique legal and business experience in the industry including working as a city condemnation attorney, a commercial real estate appraiser, an executive with a regional company operating more than 300 locations, a real estate portfolio manager for a Fortune 500 company, and as in-house legal counsel for a national retail brand operating more than 6,000 locations.
We have lawyers licensed in ten states and maintain an affiliation with Meritas, a professional association of market-leading firms vetted to ensure quality and consistency, which gives our Retail Industry Practice Group national and international reach.
Services Provided Include:
- Analyze, draft and negotiate real estate sale and purchase agreements; lease agreements; development agreements; easements, covenants, restrictions; and other related documents
- Analyze, draft and negotiate financing agreements and instruments (including, construction, mezzanine and permanent financing)
- Close purchase, sale and financing transactions
- Land use and zoning (including matters relating to rezoning, variances, special use, annexation, subdivision and permits)
- Title and survey assessment and review
- Site selection, due diligence and development (including shared access, signage, utilities, stormwater and cost allocation)
- Environmental (including compliance and risk assessment)
- Joint ventures (including entity formation)
- Section 1031 Exchanges
- Tax and economic incentives
- Federal Opportunity Zones
- Lease default and enforcement
- Appearing before local and state agencies
Industry Groups / Sub-Industries:
- Financial Services
- Sports and Entertainment